Sunday, March 17, 2013

An Amazing Photo

So, this picture is definitely Not Safe For Work. It's also probably not for those easily offended, although I think it's beautiful.

With that warning, let's proceed:




I struggled with whether to post this on my photo blog/site or here. I ended up putting it here because it's not my photo.

There is so much to love about this photo and I wanted everyone else to see it because it encompasses everything that's missing in erotic photography currently. This is *EXACTLY* the kind of photos I want to be taking.  It doesn't matter if you find it erotic or not - I promise you that you had a reaction. It might be a laugh or a snort or an 'ooh', but you reacted.

This photo has so much going. It tells a story. It feels like it's a screenshot from John Waters film. I found this on a random tumblr search and was unable to figure out who the photographer was. If anyone knows, please let me know. I want to give him praise and credit.

Where to even start a discussion of this photo? You've got the woman, whose proportions are far beyond Reubenesque, but she's got a wonderful grace. Her hair which is from another time and place. The story between her and the man, her melodramatic pose and expression. The more you look at it, the more there is: the wallpaper, the luggage under the bed, it goes on and on.

Love it.

1 comment:

Kymberlee said...

I love it too for all the reasons you state. I also appreciate photos that tell stories. Frankly, I don't really see why this should somehow be uncomfortable for people. Because fat people don't have sex? Or gosh, maybe she's not pre-pubescent or heroine chic enough for you? Please.

I'm a big fan of Helmut Newton and Keith Carter for that reason.

I did a google image search on your image and found this site: www.davidkretschmer.com

Thanks for posting this and encouraging dialogue.

Let's have a drink sometime, eh?

Cheers!

Kymberlee