Monday, December 28, 2015

My Favorite 100 Songs (1-25)

I'm 45 and it's New Years, so time for lists, right? I thought I'd throw out a list of my favorite songs of all time. At first I thought it would be daunting. How do you categorize, quantify, sort and sift all of the amazing music out there and come up with just 100?

Well, here it is. I shot from the hip. There's no rhyme or reason. Some of these are perfect to dance to, others are nostalgic. Some are new, some are old. Some are obscure, others infamous. I don't care. I just went with it. These are songs that always make me smile, always make me sing along, always raise my pulse, make my feet move. There are plenty of other songs that could have made this list too, but they didn't. Don't read too much into it.

Also, these 100 songs are in NO ORDER whatsoever.

This is #1-25
The link straight to the YouTube playlist:  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLq7S3twOMsu1k-BCBnZowKTspopFak05g

In case any of those are dead or you don't have time to listen/watch, here's the list:

1 Rebel Rebel - David Bowie
2 Glory Hallelujah - Frank Turner
3 So Whatcha Want - Beastie Boys
4 Evil Woman - Electric Light Orchestra
5 Beautiful Ones - Suede
6 Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen
7 English Summer Rain - Placebo
8 Instant Karma - John Lennon
9 Ode To Joy (9th Symphony) - Beethoven
10 Everybody - Madonna
11 Head On - Jesus and Mary Chain
12 It's No Good - Depeche Mode
13 The Chain - Fleetwood Mac
14 Ghost Inside - Broken Bells
15 Don't Change - INXS
16 Ok...This is the Pops! - Tones On Tail
17 Clark Gable - Postal Service
18 You Got Lucky - Tom Petty
19 6 Underground - Sneaker Pimps
20 Must Be The Moon - !!!
21 I Didn't Mean To Turn You On - Robert Palmer
22 Controversy - Prince
23 Easy Lover - Phil Collins and Phillip Bailey
24 Wish - Nine Inch Nails
25 Heads Will Roll - Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Even if none of these are to your tastes, it certainly gives you some insight into my brain.

#26-50 Tomorrow.

No comments: